There is a rising incidence of need for physicians to test cognitive function due to the ageing population, prevalence of stress, pain and increased awareness of the impact of head injury. Cognitive symptoms can occur outside of normal age associated memory loss.In the instance of head injury, failure to accurately assess brain function could result in legal fall out for the physician due to the impact and significance of missed diagnosis.Additionally, without proper diagnosis, head injury can severely impact patient outcomes without appropriate treatment.Cognitively impaired patients can present with symptoms of confusion, forgetfulness, brain fog and functional impairment.
- Improved clinical outcomes through objective and early assessment
- Detect memory decline markers 15 years prior to symptoms manifesting
- Detect head injury where CT and MRI will show negative
- Functional assessment quickly and easily in the office
- Use of ANS/HRV, EEG and ERP as reliable measures for head injury
- Empowers the physician to instigate appropriate treatment early
- Instigate effective treatment altering the path of the disease state
- Assess chronic pain patients for pathology and ANS effects
- Biofeedback interventions
- Provides a non-opioid treatment for chronic pain patients
How it works?The eVox System is suited well to Primary Care, Pain practices, Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and more. As the device aids early and accurate diagnosis, a primary care physician is well placed to benefit their patients with this testing. A Medical Assistant or office staff can be easily trained to perform the test.Ten minutes is first needed to prepare the patient with 25 minutes then needed to perform the test. The test consists of an initial questionnaire assessment followed by some simple functional assessment of patient response and brain imaging.Full training is provided to all necessary staff with ongoing support and free patient marketing materials.Billing is performed across 6 CPT codes with a national average reimbursement of $750 to $800 per patient on Medicare with similar for insurances.
Start Up and Implementation
1) Paperwork for Equipment Purchase is completed
2) eVox System shipped to Physician
3)Web based training provided to Technician on device use and portal access
4)Web based training for physicians on report interpretation
5)Ongoing support through medical education and training as needed
The eVoxSystem provides an easy to use and invaluable device to physicians as a powerful diagnostic aid in the assessment of cognitive disorders. Any physician seeing patients that suffer with pain, stress, head injury or ageing can benefit from offering this service. Testing provides valuable and easy to interpret information that can positively impact patient lives through targeted treatment outcomes.
To find out more, complete the form below and request information on eVox.